Tuesday, June 23, 2015

It's Been a Wonderful 2 Years!

It's been a wonderful 2 years. It's been hard work, with miracles, with a constant wind of adversity but it has been completely worth the 2 years. " a mission is a series of disappointing events interrupted additionally with moments of pure joy" and I feel lucky in the sense that I would say that I have had a great amount of those moments of pure joy. I just want everyone to know that this mission has made the greatest impact on my life than anything else.  It has molded me into the man I have longed awaited. On top of that it has made me the type of man that God has wanted me to be. It has help me in building a testimony of The Book of Mormon, given me the type of testimony of Joseph Smith that someone like I would need, being one of believing Blood. It has also help me understand in great measure the plan of salvation. Before my mission I had no idea how to share the plan of salvation. Now I can teach it with great detail and also perfect simplicity that a child could understand. My mission president is one of the greatest men I have ever known or have read about. Truly a caliber of man that I would imagine even Joseph Smith would be proud of have acquaintance with. I know that I have been on my mission exactly when I have needed to be. I have meet people who I would have never had met if I left later on my mission. I have also been placed in the exact cities in this wonderful state at the exact time that I have needed to been placed in. I think it all hit me, the kind of impact my mission had on me and the impact that I have had on others a week ago today. Last Monday night our investigator who got baptized this Wednesday ask me to give him a blessing. It was a wonderful blessing and he has a lot in store for him. While we taught him that night he told me if it wasn't for me he might have not Been baptized. It was because I got him and when I would teach him he felt something he hadn't felt with other missionaries. He said a lot of other things that made a difference as well but that was it for the most part. God is the master and he is in control. just trust that he is and you will see miracles in your life. 
My mission can be summed up in 3 words. 
Diligent inspired work. 

-elder Herdt