Monday, March 17, 2014

Two Baptisms and More to Come!

We baptized ourselves a family this week! It really was a great thing for the ward, they haven't seen a baptism in a couple of years. What a glorious week! It just really helped to lift our spirits. I was on extra spiritual guard so I could feel prepared to baptize and confirm someone for the first time. It was weird because I couldn't feel the tug of Satan as much, which I expected him to fight with all of his strength to make the baptism not possible. The Shaviss family ( Gianaurre and Euraina)were the ones to be baptized. Brother Bradfield got to baptize Gianaurre and I Baptized Euraina. It was a wonderful experience, just one to remember. I felt so empowered and as I stood In the fridged waters and said, "Being commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you In The name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. I never have felt more empowered, when doing something, I my life. We got out and went to change and while we were changing Gianaurre told us that his friends wanted to transfer churches to our church, so there are a couple of new investigators. Then right after the baptism, Euraina's sister said she wanted to be baptized too. I see a lot of success coming from this family.
The next day we had the confirmation and we were sitting way in the front waiting for them to come and sit with us but, no
show...... I was freaking out when then the bishop's councilor came up and said can I have the Shaviss family come up to be confirmed. When I
looked behind,there they were. It was a true trial of faith.
Elder Palmer and I gave the confirmations and the rest or the week
went amazing.

I think it was too cold for the lady we met with the ROMNEY license plate,so she didn't come. We'll check up on her this
week.

So I've almost been out 9 months.... Bleh! I cant believe it! its just crazy, I feel like I'm now where Elder Engler was when he was Training me and I Look to him now and see where his is at and I can't believe it. The next thing you know Elder Palmer will be training. I've learned so much on my mission but ONE thing that I have learned is obedience and why we do it. The commandments, mission rules and so on and the BASIC standards of Life that we should always live by. We must always find was to live the Higher law that Jesus taught, (see 3 Nephi 12:6,10-12, 48 and 27:11, Helaman 13:28 and Mosiah 4:29-30) also some of my Favorite
quotes from talks about obedience are; Bruce R. McConkie said "Faith is a gift of God bestowed as a reward for personal righteousness. It is always given when righteousness is present, and the greater the measure of obedience to God's laws, the greater will be the endowment of faith."
and Ezra Taft Benson said "When Obedience ceases to be an irritant and
become our quest, in that moment God will endow us with Power from on
High" So something I have Learned is that obedience to God's
Commandments are HUGE!

Transfers are this week but thank the heavens Elder Palmer or
I are not leaving. But with that comes some new news. The Hermana's
got T-boned and their car was totaled and now we're on bikes so....... I
may need some things. Have Robert Help you out with this, see if he
can find me some helmets that will look good with dress clothes and I
also would Like a muli-tool kit for a bike or some type of tool kit.
Don Coleman's family Gave us a REALLY nice bike of his to ride. I'll
take a picture to send you. We are hanging In there with the Cold, It
wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to bike, but that's life. Elder
Palmer is used to the cold so I'm the one who is hurting more. It hasn't been as glorious as I thought biking on my mission was going to be. (I'm sure the snow and cold has something to do with that!)
But all is well, all is well:)
Elder Travis Herdt