Monday, September 23, 2013

Ride the Wave!

 First off, new mission rule, all letters and packages must be sent to the mission office :/ but I really want to be obediant to if you could help me with getting that word out that would be great! 
So Riding the waves of the mission Field is hard work but it can make you Strong because you must keep you rudder steady or keep your mast in the wind. Never let go otherwise you might find your self heading in a wrong direction or if worst comes to worst capsizing.D&C 123:16-17 16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves. 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.  I love everything about my mission and the success in my part of the lords vineyard. we had a very hard week, but Elder Engler and I hard holding Fast and keeping the Boat of missionary work strait on coarse. A scripture that really help Elder Engler and I was 2 Nephi 2:1-2 . It Just taught a little more about our trials and what they mean from God. This weekend Elder Engler and I had a miracle do to the help of the Sycamore sisters. When they were at the library a man came up to them asking if they were nuns because of the tag on there shirt. They told them no but told him about the restored gospel and invited him to a missionary chill cook off, that DeKalb and sycamore was putting on and he dropped his plans that night and came out to the cook off. He came to the cook off and at the end of the cook off we had a book of Mormon presentation it was awesome! at the end of the presentation we had testimonies and this instigator M**** bore his testimony and we hadn't even taught him yet!!! He is super solid and we already know he is going to be baptized! We taught him a Day later and he told us he was looking for a Church that was a family because he had lost all of his. Well we told him he found it and the lesson just went awesome after that, I just love the guy, he is so prepared! He mad this week all worth It!I really do hope when I get home I am fat because of my mission, but not like fat physically like other missionaries but fat as what is described in 2 Nephi 9:51----  51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot  satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.or Proverbs 28:25---- 25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat. I love everything I've have been learning, Just Feasting upon the Words of Christ! Because now I have the hunger like Enos did, I will never fall back from the gospel because I know of the substance the gospel brings!Keep the faith and carry on!-Elder Herdt